45g dairy free spread (we used Pure sunflower spread)
300g marshmallows (ideally mini marshmallows, but we used Flumps)
200g cereal (we used Kellogg’s Puffed Corn Cereal and Nature’s Path Choco Munch because that’s what we had in the cupboard!)
Christmas shaped marshmallows or similar to decorate (we used Snowman marshmallows from Lidl)
- Melt the spread in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and heat them until they are completely melted into the spread. Stir continuously.
- Take the pan off the heat and mix in the cereal.
- Press the mixture into a pan (we used a lasagne pan) lined with baking parchment. It will be very sticky. If you are going to add any sprinkles or extra marshmallows, then stick them on now.
- Leave the marshmallow crispy squares to cool in the pan. Then cut into squares.